How do I get streaming video on my website?
Getting up and running with streaming video on your website is really simple:
- Choose your video format: Windows Media Streaming or QuickTime Streaming
- Use the calculator below to work out the monthly cost
- Buy online and use the supplied FTP login to upload your videos
- Use the supplied links to embed the video into your website
By following this guide, you can be streaming online video from your website in a matter of minutes. But if any of the steps above give cause for concern, don't worry, just pick up the phone and call one of our streaming media specialists here at iweb Hosting, or send us a message online, and we'll happily shed some light on the matter for you.
Calculate the cost
Follow these tips and enter your requirements in the calculator below to get an instant price online:
- Our pricing is based on the maximum number of concurrent users you wish to be able to connect to your media and the bit-rate of the media you are serving
- The number of downloads per month is unlimited; we only limit how many streams can be downloaded at once, which is your maximum number of concurrent viewers
- We can offer up to a maximum of 500 concurrent viewers (people who are watching your streams at the same time)
- Each concurrent user (based on a typical bit-rate of 250kbps) costs just £4.99 +VAT per month
- Our most common bit-rates are between 250kbps and 300kbps, but the choice is yours. Play around with your video encoding software and see what works best for you